Saturday 6 February 2010

~*~ Chiyo ~*~ Talks about her growing Folksy Shop


*Chiyo most favourite item in her shop is this beautiful bright & bold necklace and i think i must agree with her this necklace is stunning!


1.How did you get into jewellry making?
My grandma used to make beaded trees that i was fascinated with (but never been able to do ) and when she stopped making them she gave me her big box of wire and beads all sorted into colours and sparkling, i couldn't wait to get stuck in and made my first bracelet.

2.What inspired you and where do you get your ideas from?
My inspiration can come from anywhere, i can be lying in bed and all of a sudden get and idea for an item of jewellery and then find it hard to get to sleep the rest of the night :) i can be browsing through old carboot sales and find some lovely old pieces of jewellery that i can break down and uprecycle into something fab,or walking and looking at all the beautiful flowers around and thinking how i can replicate this in jewellery. theres lots of inspiration around us.

3.Do you work to trends /seasonal
I don't tend to work to trends, i just make what i like when it comes to me.

4.How would you describe your style?
I desribe my style as being bright bold and fun, i want my jewellery to be fun to wear as they are alot of fun to make.

5.Whats your most favourite item in your shop? http://www.folksy.com/items/107002--SALE-Necklace-vintage-enamel-flowers is my most favourite piece in my shop, i wanted these vintage enamel flowers for so long and finally bought them, there soo much fun to use, and i think they work great on this necklace.

6.What goals have you set for the future for Chiyo?
I've decided for this year i'm going to promote a lot more and find more time to make items, i'm being featured in makejewellery soon with a necklace,bracelet and matching ring which i'm really looking forward to

7.What tips would you give somebody thinking of setting up a folksy shop?
To anybody thinking of setting up a folksy shop i'd say definately do it, i was undecided whether to join for a long time, but soo glad i finally did, I love Folksy its such a great place to be a part of and very addictive :) Just make sure your pricings right, your pics of your items are great and promote, promote, promote!!

For more information and to check out Chiyo designs click on link below~
http://www.chiyo.folksy.com/

3 comments:

  1. Great interview. I love that necklace too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great!! thank you for including me :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely inteview, I have a gorgeous bracelet from Chiyo and get so many comments when wearing it, its really lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Followers